Tuesday 7 January 2014

Tag Tuesday: Beauty vs Brains


1. Favourite book
The Great Gatsby

2. Favourite quotation
'Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end' - John Lennon. This quote is actually really important to me, it really is something that I live by. 

'Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light' - Albus Dumbledore. I just love Harry Potter to be honest haha. 

3. English or Maths
English, I have a passion for writing and would die to be a Fashion Journalist in the future!

4. Science or Art
At school I was a bit of an all rounder, I convinced myself that I was better off doing Biology than an arty subject at A levels and ended up getting a U in it haha. So I dropped it and picked up Textiles and Photography instead. 

4. Name 5 musical artists that changed your life
If I'm honest I don't think any musical artist has changed my life. I like to listen to certain artists but I've never had a song really affect me in anyway. 

6. Favourite and least favourite subject at school
Textiles was my favourite, languages were my least favourite. Essex accents and French just don't merge well together.  

7. Favourite celebrity with a brain
Emma Watson, again because I love Harry Potter. 

8. If you could study anything, anywhere what would it be?
I wish that I could go back and shout at my 17 year old self and tell me not to do English Literature at the University of Brighton, and tell me to do Fashion Journalism at the London College of Fashion. I have thought of doing an MA in it, but my university experience has put me off staying in education for any longer!

9. What is your nerdy little secret?
In 2002, aged 9 I was the Under 11's Essex chess champion. So embarrassing haha. 

10. Beauty gurus who you admire for more than their love of fashion/beauty.
Grace from the Ugly Face of Beauty. She is so real, and has real life issues that so many people can relate to and are helped by her honestly addressing them. I find myself watching her videos and thinking, 'Yes Grace! I feel the exact same'.  

11. If your blog couldn’t be focused on beauty/fashion what would be the focus instead?
Probably interior design. It's something I would consider as a career path. 

12. Name some things you’re obsessed with that others would find strange.
Crime and prison documentaries, I find them so interesting finding out why people do what they do. They always scare the s**t out of me, but I get hooked!

13. Name 5 people who inspire you (no friends of family).
Anna Wintour
Beyonce
Zoella
Andrea's Choice
I know I'm cheating a bit but my Mum.

14. Who is your intellectual soul mate?
I don't think I have one. Plus the fact they say opposites attract. I've never been out with someone that had/was studying for a degree, I have always been the smart one!



2 comments :

  1. First time I've ever read this blog and I'm loving it! Just been reading a few of your post and there great, I love that sheinside jumper you have that features in your lookbook! I'm also loving this post! I love nothing more than a great tag I may have too do this myself! Now following you chicken through GFC!x

    Jess xx
    www.momentsofbeautywars.blogspot.co.uk

    If you ever get the chance feel free to pop round to my blog(: Happy New Year !x

    ReplyDelete