Friday 6 September 2013

Marc Jacobs Honey Competition

Being the Instagram addict that I am, I couldn't help but catch wind of Marc Jacobs advertising campaign for their new fragrance Honey. The concept is that you would photograph on Intsagram a place that you love which is your 'MJ Honey Spot', and use the hashtag #MJHoneyspots. I captured a picture of myself on my cousins boat looking out over the river in my village on a sunny August day. I never win anything, so when I received a comment on my photo from the Marc Jacobs Fragrances Instagram @marcjacobsfragrances to say that they loved my photo and I had won a prize, I was in total shock. I conversed with a lovely lady from their team by email, and even though it was the ligit Marc Jacobs Instagram with 11k followers, I was dubious to whether they would actually send me anything. A week later, and what do you know? I had a big parcel through the post containing the 50ml Marc Jacobs Honey perfume, and a beautiful cream and gold enamel Marc by Marc Jacobs bangle.  

Honey by Marc Jacobs is described as a 'sunny delicious floral - energetic and alluring, with a sparkling, golden touch. The perfect mix of brightness and warmth. The fragrance energizes with the freshness of green pear brightened with a splash of fruity punch and juicy mandarin. At the heart of the fragrance is orange blossom, a note of sparkling femininity that mingles with nectars of honeysuckle and peach. Honey, vanilla and smooth woods dry down to a warm, golden base.' I honestly love it. Not only does it smell amazing and summery, the bottle is beautiful. I also own Lola and Daisy by Marc Jacobs, and am yet to find one of his fragrances that I don't love. The 50ml bottle retails for £50.


The bangle was also an added surprise which I slipped on my wrist instantly after opening the package. The photo shown isn't the exact one they sent me, mine has a hinge which opens and closes the bangle, with the letters only outlined in gold. The Marc by Marc Jacobs cream enamel bangle retails for £50 and can be found at Harrods.com. Why don't you try your own #MJHoneyspots photo?

Thank you Marc Jacobs!
Love Ruby.

No comments :

Post a Comment