Monday 3 November 2014

Beauty // New Real Techniques 'Nic's Picks' Limited Edition Brushes


Real Techniques 'Nic's Picks' Limited Edition Brushes - £20 Superdrug

A while ago I went to a student night at Lakeside shopping centre with my friends Aimee and Katie. We went into Boots and spotted these Limited Edition 'Nic's Picks' brushes from Real Techniques. I wanted to buy them SO bad, but the £29.99 price tag was just ridiculous considering I already own about 30 makeup brushes. A few days later, I went back to Lakeside with my friend Ruth and went for a browse round Superdrug and to my amazement they had piles of these brushes for £20! Knowing I'd get 10% discount with my NUS card I grabbed one without a second thought.

I'ts safe to say I love every single one of these brushes. I use the eyeliner brush for my eyebrows, it's so tiny and precise and even my 83 year old Nan commented how good my eyebrows looked after using it. I'm yet to own any Real Techniques eyeshadow brushes, [I'm saving my Boots points to buy the set and I'm only 42 points to go!] so these two fluffy shadow brushes are a welcome addition to my collection. The cheek brush has replaced my kabuki brush to apply my blush; it's literally the perfect size to apply blush in one swipe across the cheekbones. And finally the duo-fibre face brush was the one that I didn't think I'd get much use out of, however like the box describes, it's great for applying powder. I find that the Real Techniques Powder Brush applies my Mac Studio Fix Powder a little too heavily, but this applies the perfect amount without looking cakey.

Duo-Fibre Face Brush:
for lightweight application + blending of face powders or pigments.
Cheek Brush:
evenly applies makeup across cheekbone for a more dramatic finish.
Angled Shadow Brush:
perfectly cut for layering eye shadow in the crease.
Base Shadow Brush:
applies a smooth, flawless foundation of colour.
Eyeliner Brush:
firm, angled head for optimal control along lash line.
Riley, my little un-helper giving my brushes a little chew in between photos. 

I would really recommend these brushes to any Real Techniques lover, or even a makeup beginner who wants to start a brush collection. Definitely try to find them in Superdrug for £20, as I think the £29.99 price tag in Boots is a little extortionate.


No comments :

Post a Comment