Thursday 26 December 2013

Latest in Beauty Box - The Glamour Beauty Edit


Now that I have started blogging regularly, I thought it was about time that I bought my first Beauty Box. On the recommendation of another blogger, I decided to go for the Latest in Beauty box as it is not a subscription service. Not only can you pick and choose when you want your box, you can pick and choose what goes inside the box. However, when visiting the website I saw they were selling this limited edition 'The Glamour Beauty Edit' box, full of beauty items that I knew I would love. 


The box was £14.95 (without p/p) and delivery was 5-7 days. The contents of the box is worth £65 making it extremely worth while!


The box was packaged beautifully. The only downfall was that the Balance Me face oil had leaked over the Benefit mascara - nothing that some soap and water couldn't fix.


Maybelline Baby Lips (Full Size)
'Want lips that look healthier and feel baby soft? The intensely hydrating formula moisturises lips for a full 8 hours, with SPF29 and a hint of colour*'

I hoped to get one that wasn't either the yellow or the pink one as I already have both. However, I'm not that fussed, you can never have enough lip balms. 


Eyeko Lash Curler (Full Size)
'Ensure ultimate precision and ease of use for the optimum curl with this luxurious eyelash curler from Eyeko. The chic blue velvet handles provide the perfect amount of pressure to create beautifully curled lashes.'

I'm actually really happy to receive these as believe it or not, I don't own a pair of eyelash curlers. As I have naturally curly hair, my eyelashes are also very curled so I have never felt the need to use eyelash curlers. I'll definitely be trying these for special occasions, and I love the navy velvet handles on them!


Philip Kingsley One More Day Dry Shampoo (50ml)
'A lightweight spray that refreshes and soothes the scalp, absorbing excess sebum whilst providing volume and texture to the hair, leaving you ready for One More Day.'

I will be broadening my Dry Shampoo horizons with this product, as I have never tried any other but Batiste. I'm desperately trying to grow my hair for next summer, which involves washing my hair less, so this is a welcome addition to my hair care routine.


HD Brows Eye & Brow Palette (Full Size)
'Long-lasting, anti-smudge powders which stay in place all day to keep your eyes and your brows looking picture perfect.' 

This was the main reason I decided to buy this box! I've heard so many people rave on about this on Youtube. I think the darkest brown shade will match my eyebrows perfectly, plus the shades will also double up as great matte eye shadows. 


Toni & Guy Glamour Firm Hold Hairspray (75ml)
'Backcomb hair high and wear it with style thanks to the definitive hold and control that takes you effortlessly from day to night.'

Toni & Guy is by far my favourite hair care brand. It smells so so so so so good! One thing that puts me off hairsprays most of the time is the smell (L'Oreal Elnett makes my hair smell like a 70 year old lady), so this is perfect. It's also a great travel size to shove in your bag on a night out.


Balance Me Radiance Face Oil (10ml)
'Enhance luminosity, plump and smooth your skin with this award winning, 100% naturally active 'nectar for the skin' face oil.'

I have tried a Balance Me product before, but never a face oil. It scares me slightly as I have oily-combination skin. However, this is what these boxes are intended for - trying things out of your comfort zone that you may or may not fall in love with. 


Benefit They're Real! Mascara (30g)
Lengthen, curl, lift and separate your lashes with this jet black, long-wearing formula which won't smudge or dry out. 

This is the product I was most excited about, as we all know I'm a mascara hoarder. I've never actually tried this Benefit mascara, the £19.50 price tag has always put me off, so this little sample is perfect for me to try out. I've heard a lot of good things about it so I can't wait to use it.

I have already ordered my next Latest in Beauty box which I am super excited to receive. There is not a set price for the usual LIB boxes as you can have as many or little items to try which I think is great.

What would you like to try out of out of the Glamour Beauty Edit box?




No comments :

Post a Comment