Tuesday 7 July 2015

Beauty // NYC Tarte Haul


Finally, I'm back on the blog. I've majorly slacked over the last few months because of various reasons, mainly university. But that's all out the way now and I'll be back to my weekly blogging - which I've missed so much!

On the 21st of May, me and two of my friends went to New York for 5 days. Yes the sightseeing and general buzz of NYC is beyond amazing, but so is the shopping. The first place I had to hit up was Sephora, a beauty junkies heaven! Tarte makeup is pretty hard to come by in the UK, so it was at the top of my 'To Buy' list - mainly the Tartelette palette.

Tarte Showstopper Palette $38.







This wasn't the palette I wanted originally. After visiting about 5 different Sephoras, all sold out of the infamous Tartelette palette, I admitted defeat and found what I thought was the next best thing. I've heard so much about the Tarte Amazonian Clay blushers and also their Park Ave Princess bronzer, so I opted for a palette with both of them in, along with a beautiful selection of eye shadows and a gorgeous highlighter. This palette is definitely a travel must-have.

Tarte Tartelette Palette £30.



I arrived home from New York still longing for the Tartelette palette, so I managed to find it on eBay for £30 - which wasn't too bad considering it would have converted to around £27 after tax in NYC. Good matte eye shadows are hard to come by, and this palette is matte and matte only.

Tarte The Sculptor in '2' Park Ave Princess $24.



There are a million and one of these contour sticks on the market at the moment, but I opted for Tarte as I knew I wouldn't be able to get it back at home. I saved most of the makeup I hauled so that I could take photos first, but this contour stick is something I've used on a daily basis since I bought it. It's super creamy and blends like a dream. I never imagined using a contour product on a daily basis, but it creates a natural yet noticeable contour to slim and sculpt my face.


1 comment :

  1. I've been looking for a good matte palette, so glad I saw your recommendation of Tarte's! Will 100% be sure to give it a look now next time I go to a Sephora.

    xx Heather

    stormywheather.com

    ReplyDelete