Wednesday 8 October 2014

REVIEW // MAC MSF IN SOFT & GENTLE

Mac Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft & Gentle - £23

I'd had my eye on the Mac Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft & Gentle for a very long time, not to mention the fact that every beauty blogger raves about it. I've had it for a while now, as a gift for my 21st birthday back in May and have had enough use of it now to give a good opinion of the product. 

Soft & Gentle is described as a 'luxurious velvet-soft powder with high-frost metallic finish. Smoothes on: adding buffed-up highlights to cheeks and brows, or an overall ultra-deluxe polish to the face' and the shade described as 'gilded peach bronze'.

With its peachy undertones and gold shimmer, it suits my warm/yellow based skin tone perfectly. However, I have seen an abundance of reviews of this product in the past from bloggers of all different skintones. I have also used Soft & Gentle as a highlighter possibly every single day I have worn makeup since receiving this, and I've barely touched the surface. I use this along with my Real Techniques stippling brush, and a single swipe on each cheekbone is enough to create a lovely glowy finish.

COLOUR PAY OFF: 10/10
This product should have a warning saying : BEWARE! Use in moderation for fear of turning your face into a disco ball. But that's not a bad thing, the product will last longer and it doesn't take a lot to create a beautiful highlighted glow. 

VALUE FOR MONEY: 8/10
There is a hell of a lot of product and it will last me a very long time. However, there's no denying it's expensive, but it's MAC and its high end so that's to be expected. 

PACKAGING: 10/10
Always a fan of MAC packaging, especially this new 'window compact' style. Sleek, chic and easy to clean.

Have you tried the Mac MSF in Soft & Gentle? If so are you as big of a fan of it as I am?

Lotsa Love.

1 comment :

  1. This shade is gorgeous! I would definitely go overboard with a product like this and end up looking like a disco ball hahah. It is just so pretty! x

    Mapped Out | Fashion, Beauty, Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete